Do you need access to a power and water supply?
Mobile Car Spa have our own electrical and water supplies on-board each of our vans. So we don't even need to enter your home and make a mess!
What if I live on a main road surrounded by parked cars?
You could park your car in your back lane or somewhere with fewer cars and without the danger of fast passing traffic. This would be assessed on our arrival.
If I live or work outside of your marked working area (see areas covered page) will you still come to me?
Yes, depending on how far exactly a fuel surcharge may be applicable.
What if it's raining on the day my car is booked in for a treatment?
We will still come out and valet your vehicle or we can rearrange it for a different day. That one is up to you, unless the weather is very severe and we are forced to cancel. We will always contact you in advance to discuss options.
How and when do I pay?
We accept cash, cheques, Pingit, BACS and card payments. Payment is to be made once the job is done and you will be issued with a receipt. We can offer invoicing for corporate customers.
How do you clean and shampoo my upholstery?
We use our deep extraction wet/dry vacuum for maximum deep cleaning power and exceptional results. Unlike some companies that use 'spray on, wipe off' products that simply smear the dirt around we guarantee full extraction of ground in dirt for best results. Our machines leave the upholstery cleaner and fresher. This is also the most effective and safest way for cleaning your vehicles upholstery and floors. If you have leather seats, these will be cleaned using special leather cleaner and then conditioned for that soft, supple and protected feel. Drying time for fabric seats is approximately 8 hours however disposable seat covers can be issued upon request so that you can drive the car immediately after deep cleaning.
When should I have my car re-waxed?
It is important to offer your cars paintwork protection from the elements such as tree sap, road salt, smog, dirt, UV rays, cold temperatures and acid rain. These all take their toll on your paintwork by bonding to it and eventually fading it. Ensure your car has a good quality sealant or wax applied from day one! You can usually tell when a re-wax or re-seal is needed when the paintwork ceases to repel water, ether during washing or rain.
How can I tell if my car has already had paint protection applied?
You should find a window sticker stating this vehicle has a paint protection treatment applied along with a certificate in with your vehicles log book. This is for peace of mind and also for a body shop to know to re-apply the treatment should they need to respray an area of the vehicle.
Won't the rain just wash my car for me?
The rain will offer your car a quick rinse and maybe even remove some dust that has landed on your vehicle over the past few days, however the rain is no good to really clean your car. A good wash from Mobile Car Spa will remove stubborn dirt and leave a protected finish each and every time.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
In the event you need to cancel your appointment please give as much notice as possible. This will allow for us to allocate that slot to someone else. If you need to cancel your appointment on the day we are due to come to you, then we may request for a cancellation fee to be paid.
Do you have any examples of work that you have done?
After each job is complete and if it is OK with the customer we like to take a photo of our work and upload it to our constantly updated social media pages. To view each Car Care Professionals social media pages please select their name on the Contact Us section of this website. We have a large number of customers vehicles on our websites Gallery. Click here to be taken to the Gallery.
What areas do you cover?
Click here to be taken to the Areas Covered section on the Contact Us page to see a map of the areas we primarily cover.
Can I Join the Mobile Car Spa team?
Yes. Mobile Car Spa has now been turned into franchise and is offering you the chance to join our team. Visit the Join Our Franchise page to read more about this amazing opportunity.
Which Treatment best suits me?
- Standard Valet - Ideal for keeping on top of your car, to ensure it is always looking it's best. We recommend starting with a more in-depth treatment for deeper cleaning.
- Executive Valet - A more in-depth treatment with the option of a fresh coat of wax -or- a full interior shampoo/leather clean and condition.
- Showroom Valet - Designed to give your vehicle that 'fresh from the showroom look.' With the added benefit of a full exterior hand polish and full interior shampoo/leather clean and condition. The polish is great for removing minor scratches and swirls from the paintwork. Ideal if your looking to sell your vehicle and add some extra value!
- Premium Deluxe Valet - This is our top level valet and is designed to give your entire vehicle a good scrub up inside and out! This treatment incorporates all that the above valets include but with the added extra of a full engine bay deep clean, degrease and plastics dressed. Also a full spare wheel bay deep clean removing months of dirt and odour. The Premium Deluxe Valet now includes our Fog-It odour neutralising treatment at no extra cost, worth £15.
What size is my vehicle?
Here you can see the typical classes of vehicle Mobile Car Spa class as Small – Medium – Large – or bigger.
- Small - Typically two seater cars with a small body i.e Mazda MX-5, Smart Car.
- Medium - Typically four or five seater cars with a medium body i.e Vauxhall Corsa, Audi A3. BMW 3 Series.
- Large - Typically five or seven seater cars with a large body i.e Nissan Qashqai+2, Mercedes C Class Estate, Range Rover.
- Anything Bigger - Vans, Buses, Lorry's, Horse Transporters, Caravans, Motor-homes Boats and Aircraft. Prices available on enquiry.
What is detailing?
Detailing is a term that covers a wide ranged process. The three main components of exterior car detailing are cleaning, polishing, and protecting.
- Cleaning refers to the removal of all foreign surface particles from exterior surfaces through the use of tar and fallout remover, detergents, degreasers and detailing clays. A clay bar helps to clean contamination/dirt from the surface of the clear-coat that cannot be removed through washing, such as; bugs, tar, tree sap, rail dust, paint over-spray, etc.
- This process removes all foreign contaminants and old waxes, leaving the paintwork completely exposed, ready for polishing
- Polishing (Paint Correction) refers to using Electric or Pneumatic machine polishes, which can be Rotary Polishers which have a constant direct spinning action (Direct Drive) or Dual Action Polisher (which uses a Random Orbital Action plus Rotary Action) this is called forced rotation. Specific polishing pads (Foam, Wool or Microfibre) remove microns of clear coat from a vehicle in order to remove fine scratches, swirls marks, oxidation and other imperfections from a painted surface produced from improper washing techniques, drying techniques and other possible causes.
- Protecting involves the application of a protective wax or sealant (in liquid or paste form) that prevents foreign matter (contaminants, pollution) from adhering to the surface of the vehicle, including minerals in water, bugs splatter, tar, dirt and bird muck making cleaning easier in future.
- Remember wax and sealants do were off over time depending on many environmental factors. So always ensure you book in for 'Wax Top Up's' to keep your vehicle protected. A good way to tell when your vehicle needs re-protected is when water beads no longer form after rain fall and ceases to repel water.